VW Golf MK5 2.0 TDI Racingline VWR VW Racing Cold Air Intake Induction System
Brand New 100% Genuine Volkswagen Racing Part
The VWR Cold Air Induction System, Made by Racingline Performance, best known for delivering the Volkswagen Racing motorsport programme since 1997, out of which was born the increasingly popular Motorsport & Performance Parts range, with all Race parts heavily Race designed, developed & tested, treat your pride and joy to the best there is with Racingline Performance Parts.
One of the most popular VWR products is the VWR Cold-Air Intake System kit, enabling cold, dense air from outside the engine bay to reach the fuel metering unit more efficiently.
Some people forget that it’s what’s inside a cold-air intake that really matters. Our High-Flow TriFoam™ triple-layer construction is simply the best filtration material on the market, and is the key to the power gains achieved. Each filter is handmade in the UK.
- Through keeping intake temperatures as low as possible, and greatly improving airflow into the engine, more power is produced, turbo lag is reduced and better fuel efficiency is achieved.
- Turbocharger spool can drop nearly 500 RPMs, reducing turbo lag and creating faster turbo response.
- Our development has shown that a high-flow intake system really gives worthwhile power and torque gains – this intake is best combined with a remap and other upgrades
- Testing on cars running stage 2 remaps and beyond show further increased power improvements from the Intake system, as the standard air box and filter reaches and exceeds its airflow limit.
- As a race-bred intake system, the rich induction noise is clear as soon as you first accelerate hard. However volume levels are well-contained, and the sound quality is music to the ears of any enthusiastic driver!
- Developed for use in Volkswagen Racing cars, the system delivers really impressive airflow gains – as much as 9% higher at peak power than that of the original intake system.
- By reducing turbo spool by up to 500rpm in some cases through the enhanced efficiency of the system, lightning fast turbo response is guaranteed. In our experience, no other intake kit gives higher gains when combined with a remap.
Trifoam™ filter construction, a triple-layer laminate of open-cell polyurethane foam, which gives an exceptionally high level of filtration – the very same technology as some Formula One engines use.
All parts have been developed exclusively for the MK5 Golf – meaning that fitting is easy and the original mounting points are retained.
Efficient filtration and huge filter surface area means power and torque gains support higher power remaps, and can even show an economy improvement.
Hand-built in the UK, using the highest quality materials and construction.
LAST A LIFETIME
This is a ‘lifetime’ filter, so never needs replacement in normal service. Cleaning is only required every 20,000 miles (30,000km) in normal usage.
You’ll hear the rich induction noise from this race-bred intake as soon as you accelerate hard. However, as a fully-enclosed intake, volume levels are well-contained.
Fits: VW Golf MK5 2.0 TDI
If you haven’t yet given your Golf the VWR/Racingline treatment, don’t delay, get the best there is!
MORE VWR INTAKE & PERFORMANCE RELATED UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE
VWR HIGH FLOW PANEL FILTER
A replacement Trifoam™ Panel Filter that drops in to replace the restrictive factory paper original.
VWR TRACKSPORT COILOVER KIT
Simply, the ultimate suspension kit for Golf MK5. Featuring coilover rears, ‘thick-stem’ inverted front dampers, solid adjustable top mounts and the same lightweight bodies as our full-race kits, it’s the best you can get.
SEE THE SHOP FOR THE ABOVE UPGRADES & MANY MORE
See the shop for 100s more Performance & more Performance VWR Parts