VWR Racingline Sport Suspension Lowering Springs
VWR Racingline Sport Suspension Lowering Springs
Brand New 100% Genuine Racingline Part, the best there is designed for track, built for road.
Race Designed & Developed, Made by Racingline Performance, best known for delivering the Volkswagen Racing motorsport programme since 1997, out of which was born the increasingly popular Motorsport & Performance Parts range, with all Race parts heavily Race designed, developed & tested, treat your pride and joy to the best there is with Racingline Performance Parts.
If you use your VAG vehicle on a daily basis and are only looking to uprate one aspect of your car, you can’t do better than VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs. What do they do? Well, by replacing the car’s four standard springs with re-engineered, different-rate and slightly shorter Sport Springs, the vehicle’s center of gravity is lowered, reducing body roll for better dynamics, whilst maintaining the ride quality and comfort of your car. No other changes are needed, it’s as simple as that.
One of the most common comments from VWR/RacingLine customers after they’ve fitted the VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs is how good the ride and handling is; that’s not by luck. VWR/RacingLine’s suspension engineers work through multiple spring rates, lengths and windings on each derivative of each model to ensure that they are perfect.
Little wonder the VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs are a best-selling product around the world.
VWR Sport Springs lower Sports models (GTI, R, S3 etc) by 20-30 mm, and the other models by 30-35mm for each kit in order to preserve the wheel travel needed.
VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs are developed to be fully compatible with cars fitted with Volkswagen Group’s switchable ACC (Adjustable Chassis Control) dampers.
Constructed alongside OEM springs, and with the world-renowned TUV approvals, the development, testing and quality of the VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs are more than an equal of the factory springs.
The Sport Springs are a progressive rate spring, allowing us to preserve the ride quality in normal use, but then to stiffen the effective spring rates at the ends of the travel when cornering or braking hard.
VWR Parts made by Racingline are the result of an extensive development programme on each version of each model and has given a resulting ride quality just as good as that of the standard car.
- VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs are recommended for all but the most demanding use (such as track use, or when a very low ride-height is required).
- Go lower or stiffer as some popular brands of lowering springs do, and your car will bounce and crash its way along the road as the dampers are mismatched to spring-rate, and the springs themselves run out of travel.
- VWR/RacingLine’s carefully-developed progressive-rate spring construction means that the spring rate in the middle of its travel is very similar to standard. It’s only towards the end of the spring’s travel (so, when braking or cornering hard) that VWR/RacingLine have engineered the spring to stiffen up.
- Many experts consider suspension development to be as much an art as a science. In truth, it’s a bit of both. What is certain is that an ‘off the shelf’ spring set that some companies offer is not going to be optimised for any particular car.
- The springs come in beautiful powder-coated in the new gloss Racingline Grey with RacingLine logos – this is the 2018 upgrade to promote the new branding
- Please note that VWR/RacingLine recommend that you get your car’s wheel-tracking verified as a part of the installation process. Whilst the ride-height reduction that the Sport Springs provide keep the geometry within the VWG-recommended tolerances, if your car is not brand new it may have already been moving out of factory tolerance with use, so it is good practice for your installer to verify that all is still correct after fitment.
VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs are engineered to replace the standard springs with a shorter and stiffer spring, while lowering the centre of gravity they will also help to reduce body roll for better handing over the standard springs and while offering fantastic ride quality and comfort, which can be improved from the standard ride on some applications.
These springs have been designed to work in harmony with the standard dampers so no other changes are needed.
VWR/RacingLine Springs are for customers who demand performance over the stock setup without costing thousands! The spring range offered by Racingline are not designed to drastically lower the vehicle, however for those of you who do want this you can look at the VWR/RacingLine range of coilover kits.
VWR/RacingLine Sport Springs lower Sports models (GTI, R, S3 etc) by 20-30 mm, and the other models by 30-35mm for each kit in order to preserve the wheel travel needed.
Fits: VW Golf MK7 R Estate/Wagon Only
(see our shop for other models)
If you haven’t yet given your Golf R the VWR/RacingLine treatment, don’t delay, get the best there is!
See the shop for 1000s more Performance VWR/RacingLine Parts